Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whatever.

One of the dudes in the department down the hall has decided making friends with me is his new project. I didn't have any strong objection, so, whatever. Except now he's taken to asking me to get coffee.

The first time (last Friday), I was kinda stuck in the office, and so suggested Tuesday morning. He seized upon the suggestion. Tuesday morning comes, he doesn't show. Whatever.

Tuesday afternoon, he suggests Wednesday morning. OK. This morning, he doesn't show. Whatever.

This afternoon, he calls and asks if I want to get coffee right then, and I said no, I don't drink coffee after noon. My insomnia is bad enough without adding extra caffeine. Right before quitting time, he stopped by my desk and started talking about going to Jamba Juice tomorrow afternoon. Whatever. He also mentioned maybe coming along the next time I go for drinks with the guys, except that he's busy evenings Monday through Thursday. Which makes me wonder why he brought it up, because, what with one thing and another, we usually go drinking on Tues/Thurs.

Maybe I'm reading to much in, but it feels like he's expecting me to make this befriending thing happen. Like, now that I've been made aware that it's his project to make friends with me, it's my responsibility to make reminder calls to keep him on schedule. Because after all, I'm the girl, and that sort of thing is the girl's job - even though it's his project, not mine. Y'know?


Today's earrings: irons, brooms

Bedtime reading: Crimson Joy, Robert B. Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment