Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Brush with B-52

I was on my way to the supermarket after work. Round about Kearney, I realized the tourist next to me getting all sticker-shocked about the fare had a very familiar voice. I glanced over, and went Fred! I didn't say that out loud. No, I said something inane about the mass-transit experience. He said he could get that on the subway. Seemed a fair point. We stopped at Grant, and a row of tourists formed, snapping shots of the cable car. He started laughing. "You don't get that on the subway," I said, He and his companion said, "Well..." I suppressed the urge to point out Coit Tower and the steeples of Sts Peter & Paul as we went by. I suppressed the urge to get all fangirly effusive at him - if he wanted effusion, he'd have been traveling differently. I did, however, keep sneaking peeks. And eavesdropping. They were on their way to Whole Foods and then meeting some people later. I suppressed the urge to tail them to Whole Foods, and got off at Cala like I'd planned.

OMG OMG OMG Fred!


Today's earrings: bunnies, flowers

Bedtime reading: "Useful Phrases for the Tourist," Joanna Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment