Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homework

M held my hand as I met with The Realtor (fille) and signed stuff. I gave her a largish check. In return, she gave me two ring-bound reams of paper: one for me to keep; the other to read, sign at each of the dozens of post-its, and return within the week.

Went to lunch with M. We discussed my (conditionally) impending change of address. How to arrange my furniture, the logistics of me hosting Thanksgiving, appliance purchases, that sort of thing. I was exceedingly tiresome about insisting on the conditional tense. She was remarkably forebearing. At some point I should compile a list of useful phrases: "don't count your chickens," "many a slip 'twixt cup and lip," all that jazz. [damn - I should have worn the coffee cup & chicken earrings. Must make note for future The Realtor meetings.]

A brand-new building in the neighborhood was having its Grand Opening, so we inspected the place. Good layouts, kinda loud. Of course, there's only so much you can do about sound when the property is on Bush Street and the the current fashion is exterior walls of glass. There were these two apartments on the second floor, with terraces and bedrooms below, that were totally excellent. One had a ladder from the terrace down into the lightwell for the bedrooms - so cool. Really smart use of space.


Today's earrings: elephants, brass triangles

Bedtime reading: Disclosure Package, The Realtor

No comments:

Post a Comment