Thursday, September 24, 2009

all before noon

I thought up a really good curse in the shower this morning: May you experience the consequences of your actions.

Too harsh?


More of a crowd than usual at the bus stop this morning. Some guy walked up to one of the regulars and started threatening her - I heard, "If you were a guy I'd beat your ass," and there was more I didn't hear. She just stared at him. He walked away, but he kept pointing back to her and miming kicking as he crossed the street. Coward that I am, I did nothing until he'd gone around the corner, and only then did I go ask her if she was OK. "I don't know him," she said. "I didn't think you did," I said, "Just wanted to check you're OK." She said yeah, and I heeded her 'I have had way too much human contact for now' vibe and stepped away.


Came in to find three months of the Barbados Gazette on my chair. Hooray! I <3 gazettes.

10:30 finally got a call back from the city. I'm approved. Didn't the realtor call? (Yes, she called two days ago, but for some reason, we decided to do the "who's on first?" sketch instead of having a productive conversation.)
10:40 vm to loan officer.

Finished sorting through the Barbados Gazette; found one (1) piece of relevant information.

11:15 Boss hands me my annual review form. She said nice things. We're going for a muffin later.


Today's earrings: strawberries, apples

Bedtime reading: Red As Blood, Tanith Lee

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the City of approves of you - I do as well!

    Waiting on pins and needles for the Stagecoach Peeps to hand you satchels of moolah -- or at least give you a loan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're crossing our fingers for you! S, K, & tiger

    ReplyDelete