Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hey, Look Me Over

Talked to The Realtor (fille) and two loan officers today. The news, more-or-less in order of arrival:
- The Realtor (père) is turning 70, and the party is this weekend.
- The taxes on the place are arcane, and I must contact the city assessor for details.
- I have an appointment to walk through the place with The Realtor (fille) next Thursday, lunchtime, and check out the new window and the exhaust fan in the bathroom.
- I should have been clearer sooner with the current loan officer about having talked to one of her colleagues four months ago. Five hours after I said "we did this before," I got a call from the first loan officer saying I'm approved. I'm to fax over more documents and the underwriter still has to rubber-stamp the thing, but we have a go.
- Someone will be calling about homeowner's insurance. Which I will need, because the building is not on bedrock.

I finished the day with "Hey, Look Me Over" playing in my head. It's the only song I know with the word 'mortgage' in the lyrics.


Today's earrings: bees, typewriter keys

Bedtime reading: The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper, John D. MacDonald

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! Take lots of pictures for us on the walk-through. We can't wait to see your new place!! --K, S, and tiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Hooray for Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Realtor (fille) said the HOA covered the home owners insurance? Am I getting confused in the minutiae?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Set the table Hubert!

    b2

    ReplyDelete