Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kind of a downer

I went to see an apartment this morning. It's a below market rental on top of Powell Station. It's a bit smaller than my current place, but other than that, it's pretty much exactly where I'd like to live. The fly doing the crawl across my chowder? I don't qualify. It didn't occur to me to do the math until after I'd submitted the application and made an appointment to see the place, but last year's COLA bumped me over the income limit. After I'd belatedly figured out my current pay, I started hoping that the apartment would be one large sour grape, so I could feel good about not getting it. But, no. It's a perfectly livable place. I just won't get to live there.

*sigh*


Today's earrings: flowers, rabbits

Bedtime reading: Dead Heat, Felix Francis

2 comments:

  1. Commiserations. That's frustrating. - cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pile on with comiserations.
    Should we brunch this weekend?

    ReplyDelete