Thursday, November 15, 2007

A little at sea

After a long and completely unproductive day at work, I went to Stacey's. [New Atlantic time.] I found myself in the basement, holding a bunch of books about trucks and staring at a copy of Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton. I remember staring at that title before. But I can't remember whether I actually bought a copy. So I bought the one in front of me. If they've already got it, I'll keep this copy to enjoy, and as a reminder not to buy it again. Everyone needs the story of the heroic and versatile Katy, right?

In less addle-pated news, I get to take the world-famous guided tour of the fabulous Dancing Square on Sunday! Woo-Hoo!


Today's earrings: compasses

Bedtime Reading: The Atlantic, December 2007

2 comments:

  1. Katy and the Big Snow is already treasured, and its title is recited regularly with great enthusiasm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy and the Big Snow is the Heroic Epic of my people.

    We should have a recital, complete with ceremonial snow shovel (in lieu of bardic staff) and vanilla ice cream (in lieu of lake-effect snow).

    ReplyDelete