Thursday, November 8, 2007

It's not easy

At work today, Newbie told me that she'd recently made fudge from our family recipe. (Last December, Confused Cricket made fudge that I took in to the office. There was so much rejoicing that I circulated the recipe.) She said it hadn't occurred to her before then that fudge could be home-made; to her it had always been a store-bought treat.

I thought of, but did not share with her, a complementary revelation I had, when I realized that sodas could be purchased in supermarkets and then consumed at home. I suppose I must have been aware of the theoretical possibility before... it had just never come home to me before that I could do that.

Anyway. In our dandy new office configuration, Newbie's pointed straight at the bookcase on my right. Today I was getting some measurable work done, which means I had the tunes cranked, which means I was silently mouthing/emoting "Ballroom Blitz" and "Bat Out Of Hell" and the like smack in the middle of her peripheral vision. Poor Newbie. I hope the fudge recipe makes up for it.


Today's earrings: frogs, peapods

Bedtime reading: The Emerald City of Oz, L. Frank Baum

No comments:

Post a Comment