Sunday, November 18, 2007

It was foggy this morning

On my way to the bus stop this morning I heard yelling. Crossing the street, I saw that a guy was yelling at a little old lady with a cane. (I see her with her husband(?) at that stop pretty often. I don't think they speak any English.) She was trying to pretend the yelly guy wasn't there, her husband was trying to shoo him off, and the guy kept yelling that she was in his way, he was trying to get somewhere, don't get in his way. Then he knocked her down.

He just pushed her over and walked away.

I didn't know what to do. What I did was go over to her and ask if she was ok, which didn't help much. I stayed with her while her husband tried to round up some help from the dry cleaner's shop, but they were too late to do anything besides commiserate. I helped her husband get her back on her feet, and one of the guys from the dry cleaner walked them home.

The bus came, and I went off to see the Dancing Square.

It's an adorable house. Hardwood floors through most of it, and lots of cute period detail. I like the fireplace even better now that I've seen it. (I'm the only one.) I have never seen so many kluges in 3-d format. SO many moving parts - a swing-out spice rack, freestanding shelves in every cabinet, drawers bolted to the bottom of all the flat surfaces... I suspect they were trying to echo the swinging cauldron in the fireplace and the flappy mirror wings in the bathroom. (As with the fireplace, the only one who loves the flappy mirror wings is me.)

Carpets were cast aside. Rooms were redesigned. Color schemes were chosen. Lunch was had. Then we all went home to pack.



A little old lady. With a cane, fercrissake.


Today's earrings: frogs, coins

Bedtime reading: Through Elegant Eyes, R.A. Lafferty

No comments:

Post a Comment