Friday, November 20, 2009

Today's excitements

We met this afternoon to discuss the results of last month's anonymous survey assessing management. In that two hours, I'd offered to teach India to anyone in want of a learning experience, I was charged with creating a presentation on how to do the US for the 18th, and the survey results were no longer anonymous. (The Grinch from the end of the hall was the one who put down all the negative responses. Surprise!) Afterward, J presented me with a cookie for my restraint.
[Persons wishing to hear the dramatic monologue version of the meeting should apply to me in person.]

After the meeting, I sent round a list of the surplus furniture, and to my vast surprise, I got two takers right away. They came by this evening and removed the metal bookcase and the baker's rack. Hooray! One of them even called again later and said he'd be back Sunday for the foot locker. Hooray!


Today's earrings: skeletal fish

Bedtime reading: The Ruins of Earth, Thomas M. Disch, ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment