Sunday, November 29, 2009

Farewell, furniture

This morning, someone came to the old place and took the file cabinet and the bench away. Later, M, K and I moved the rest of the heavy stuff to the curb and festooned it with "Free" post-its. K&D went off to find bento boxes, and M&I shifted the dregs of my stuff around inside.

M felt like a taco, so we headed out to the nearest source... and found that all the furniture was gone from the curb. ALL of it, even the shoe rack. We'd only left it for about 20 minutes. We were all, "Damn."

K&D returned with the cutest little lunchboxes we ever saw. They partook of our tacos and shared their anpan.

We made another pass at Japantown for more anpan, dumped some stuff back here, and then went off to the playground. D ran around in many circles. I fell off the slide. Fortunately, the ground there is thoroughly rubberized.

Dinner here. M went off home, D is asleep, and K&I are looking at our respective computers.


I can't get over how fast that furniture disappeared.


No earrings today

Bedtime reading: What's a Girl Gotta Do?, Sparkle Hayter

No comments:

Post a Comment