Wednesday, November 18, 2009

M does valiant battle with Sears

M stopped by Sears this evening to collect the stacking kit, as per instructions from the phone CSR I talked to Monday. The sales clerk informed her that a) they didn't have stacking kits at the store, b) since I'd "refused delivery" the order had been cancelled, and c) they'd sold my washer/dryer to someone else and no longer had that model in stock at all. M reports a certain circularity to the conversation, and the sense that the sales clerk had no particular interest in resolving the matter.

So M found a manager, who she induced to grasp the situation. The manager then ageed to replace my now-departed washer/dryer with the next-better washer/dryer (for no extra cost) and have the upgraded replacements delivered on Monday.

M is my hero.


Today's earrings: flies, amber

Bedtime reading: The Ruins of Earth, Thomas M. Disch, ed.

2 comments:

  1. M, indeed, rocks. :)
    Do you still need boxes? - cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo M!

    Sears a weird store. When I was moving into the house, we were at Sears buying a rug for the living room; if we applied for a cc, they'd give us additional $$ off...got turned down. The reason? I didn't 'exist' at my address. This I found out in the letter they sent to me at said address.

    b2

    ReplyDelete