Thursday, December 25, 2008

This "Holiday" thing is most excellent

M, K, and Tiger came to collect me this morning. The drive to M's was gorgeous - patchy clouds up high, but sea level was so clear we could see one bridge from the other. Sparkly.

After CC & AL arrived, we opened stockings while S fried bacon, and then eggs, and the bread pudding was served. In my stocking I got some candy bars, a Tiger magnet, yummy jam, an Edward Gorey double feature, and 2 (two!) coffee cozies. Santa knows what I like. Tiger got quite a lot of presents, mainly books and trucks, and also a spiky green indoor-throwable ball. He seemed pleased.

Then we cracked open the puzzle and I stared at it for the next six hours or so. While I was doing that, we inhaled cheese, played several rounds of Scrabble and backgammon, started writing a chapter book, ate a fudge dinosaur, and other (more energetic) people also made excursions Totland and later to the Little Farm. S built a fire. As the puzzle was still not finished, we dined in the living room. The entertainment highlight was a vignette entitled "Tiger in Space" that featured a demostration of the Robot Arm.

After dinner M pinned a dress for me, and AL & CC brought me home again, because they're sweet. I got home to a message from the Wandering Albatross, saying he's in VA... too late to call back. I finally opened my gift from b2: demi-glace de veau and a nice chardonay.

:)


Today's earrings: Pigs, citrine drops

Bedtime reading: Soon I Will Be Invincible, Austin Grossman

1 comment:

  1. and a sugar stick! don't forget the sugar stick!

    the Vic Firths - excellent.

    b2

    ReplyDelete