Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Office Party

It was oddly archetypal. I arrived last (pleading work), got some pretty decent food from the buffet, donned a silly hat in response to peer pressure, watched the boss's boss present stuff to senior staff, and was the first to slip back to my desk (pleading work). From my desk, I heard the music get louder, and the woman I don't like cried, "Karaoke!" Later refugees told me there was dancing. One of them stayed and talked to me for twenty minutes because his office was at Party Central and, he said, the woman I don't like kept insisting he dance with her. Around 1pm, my boss announced a half day, and people started wandering off. I left at 3pm (lots of work) and went to Green Apple.


Today's earrings: turquoise, turtles

Bedtime reading: Miracle, Connie Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment