Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The saga continues...

Talked to the mortgage broker guy - the prospective lender can't possibly make a decision by today, they need to hold a committee meeting; can I get more time? I asked him, do you think it'll be a yes? because if so, I'll go to the realtor and stall my little heart out. He can't tell, he says. Factors on both sides and no way to guess how they'll decide under current conditions. In that case... we said ok, he'll send the lender my file, see what they say - but I'll call the realtor and tell him to move on to the next guy in line, who already has financing.

Called the realtor, said, I can't get an answer today. Move on to the next person. And he's all, oh. ok. When will I know for sure with the lender? I should keep him updated, because there's two units available.
Uh-huh. I get the feeling that he's worried that the next guy in line might flake on him like the first eight people in line, and he's hoping that I'll be there as backup. I also get the feeling that between the difficulties he's having trying to sell expensive units to rich people and the difficulties he's having trying to sell cheap units to poor people, he's getting near the end of his rope.

I thought today would be the end of this chapter, but there will be more! Watch this space for the next thrilling installment of IIII Buys an Apartment!


Today's earrings: owls, citrine drops

Bedtime reading: The Girls of Slender Means, Muriel Spark

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is quite the saga.

    I'm rooting for you.

    Lots of hugs,

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too, I feel for you from far away :-)

    ReplyDelete