Monday, November 10, 2008

Looking like worst-case scenario here

Got a call around 3 from the realtor. He wants to know what's up with my financing. I haven't heard, I say. Well, he says, the person in line after me has qualified for financing and he can't just wait around forever. Mmmmkay. What is my deadline? He's all, hem, haw, um, well, Wednesday. I pointed out that it would have been nice if he'd mentioned his timeline before now, and put in a call to the Loan Lady.

She called back around 4 to say "no." Then she spent twenty minutes soothing my feelings before I could shovel her off the phone and go call M's broker's buddy in the city. When I talked to him a month ago, Broker Buddy had found me a not-big-enough loan with highish interest... but it was a loan. I left a voicemail for him, and then called back every fifteen minutes or so, not leaving messages. (I was hoping to catch him in, not be scary-called-six-times-woman.)

Just after five I walked over to my own bank, and told my sad story to one of the loan ladies there. She was good about not wasting my time, I'll give her that - I got a "no" from her right away. The credit thing was just insuperable for them. I went back to work and, surprisingly, got a few things done in between obsessively calling Broker Buddy.

It's... yeah. There's still a possibility of making this work, but... doesn't seem all that likely.


Today's earrings: flies, fish

Bedtime reading: Comeback, Dick Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment