Monday, November 3, 2008

Surprise!

Friday I got home and found a packet in the mail from the mayor's office of housing about my application for that BMR unit. I figured it was pro forma - just them letting me know that they'd processed the paperwork. I mean, I didn't do so well in the lottery. I was going to call today and see if the letter meant I'm qualified for the program in general, because that would cut down the paperwork for the next time I applied.

Before I got around to calling the guy from the mayor's office, I got a call from the developer's rep. He said eight of the applicants ahead of me either didn't qualify, or found another place, or failed to get financing. If I can get financing, I can have the place. And would I like to come see it again today? After he reassured me that he wasn't kidding, I said yes. Then I asked M to come along.

We all met at 4. M liked the place. I still like the place. Now I just have to get financing.

Best case scenario: I buy this apartment and promptly get two credit cards so I can refinance at a better rate in a year or two.
Worst case scenario: I stay in my rent-controlled apartment.
I see this turning out well.


Today's earrings: scarabs

Bedtime reading: A Taste for Death, Peter O'Donnell

1 comment: