Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm proud of myself. Sort of.

The office troll was at my desk on legitimate business. Then he veered off into something irrelevant, and then something revolting. I said, twice, "I don't want to hear this." He just kept talking. I turned to my computer, put on my headphones, and cranked up the music. He went away soon after.

I can't believe I did something that rude. Usually I say I don't want to hear it and he just keeps talking anyway and I don't want to be rude so I end up listening to him with a tight uncomfortable little smile... which is why I avoid conversations with him if at all possible. This time I said I didn't want to hear it and I enforced that. Go, me! But wow, was I rude.


Today's earrings: elephants, ebony drops

Bedtime reading: Busman's Honeymoon, Dorothy L. Sayers

1 comment:

  1. That wasn't being rude. That was being consistent. You told him twice, and then you went back to what you were being paid to do.

    Brava!

    ReplyDelete