Saturday, October 4, 2008

Motion towards

Spent the morning tidying the place up in preparation for the Nice Realtor Lady's arrival. I even vacuumed. Finally got around to putting the pretty rug down in my bedroom, too.

She turned up and I showed her around, and she was most impressed by the books. I was trying to convey just how much stuff I'm looking to house so she knows what she's up against. Not sure she got it.

Off we went to see a building full of studios south of Market. On the way we got held up by what looked like a circus parade coming down Market St. It all looked very festive, but my, was it in the way. Finally got to see the apartments. The prices were almost within my budget, the location was close to where I'd want to be, but damn, they were small. 300 square feet really isn't much. Plus, lots of polished concrete. She expanded on the theme of, "Location, size, price: pick two." Haven't quite decided yet... We headed back, and it took us over an hour to get to my place. Turns out the obstacle was "Lovefest." (supply your own joke here.)

Then I headed off to the east bay where I met the Confused Cricket and the Angry Lemming. We drove to Palo Alto's Gunn HS, where Neil Gaiman was to speak later. "Yep, that's a high school," we said, "but where's the food?" We found a Hobies and dined in style. Back to the high school. Mr Gaiman read a chapter and an interlude from his latest novel, then treated us to the trailer & selected clips from Coraline (his last book, due out in movie format next year) and then answered questions, finally wrapping up past 10pm. During the interval, we met some friends of CC&AL's, and the friends' highly cute child Eleanor, who waved back at me. Small children love jazz hands.

Got home to find a message from the Wandering Albatross; called back. He was having a foot massage and sounded very relaxed.


Today's earrings: elephants, turtles

Bedtime reading: Feet of Clay, Terry Pratchett

1 comment:

  1. NRL is deft with her gentle but firm guidance. :)

    b2

    ReplyDelete