Sunday, October 5, 2008

Decisions

Went to see some more apartments with NRL. This one place... it's a well-laid-out workable size, the price is right, and it's too far from work to walk but there is a direct bus line. It's really close to the freeway and the CalTrain tracks; the noise wasn't too bad on a Sunday afternoon, but I bet you hear it all late at night. It's also hot in there. Lots of windows in the common hallways.

The catch is, the place is only affordable for me if I can get one of the remaining units reserved for the below market rate program. There's no lottery on this place. All I have to do is be one of the next three people to put in an ap and get financing. But if I go through the BMR program, NRL gets no commission on the sale. We didn't know that when we walked in, and the selling agent waited until we were just about out the door before he mentioned it. (I don't think that he was trying to be a jerk about it, but he succeeded anyway.) If I don't go through the BMR program, the price doubles.


Today's earrings: flowers, rocks

Bedtime reading: Feet of Clay, Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment