Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy day

This morning, I
- got back my copy of Serenity from a coworker. He finished Firefly last week, and is a convert to the Browncoat Cause. I have urged him to watch Dr Horrible, and plan to start feeding him Buffy this winter.*
- sent the last of yesterday's updates to publish.
- got an errata slip for the book I've been working on off & on all summer; fixed it.
- got as an offer of source materials (for another update I made yesterday) from D. Said I'd already done the update.
- printed up & handed off a different (1757 page) book to be proofed in depth and at length. 1757 pages take quite a while to download, in case you were wondering.
- finished proofing the book I've been working on all summer.
- got an email from D explaining that what she meant was that yesterday's update hadn't posted correctly. Checked & found that the update had not posted externally. Sent note to IT about the publish delay.
- went and talked to the lead programmer about whether he could re-write the logic for this one thing, or if I'd have to spend the rest of the week doing it by hand. He came up with a third alternative, which won't solve the problem permanently, but can be done by tomorrow without further effort from me. Love that dude.
- answered a customer question about sugar quotas. Verily, they are most weird.
- got another email from D explaining that what she really meant was an errata slip for the update I'd done yesterday, which had posted internally. Fixed it. That woman loves to waste my time.
- checked the primary sources for the the book I've been working on all summer and found the announcement of more changes, but the details are TBA. I could hold off and wait for all the details to be published... decided to finally get this @%$!*#% thing off my desk instead.
- got the written part of my performance review, which said I'm all competent-like and make the office a shinier place just by showing up.
- went to have lunch with b2 in an excellent mood.


Today's earrings: scarabs

Bedtime reading: Nation, Terry Pratchett


________________
*Mua ha ha ha ha! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Most excellent! Congrats on being so shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiny is good. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

    So, dinner Sunday? Since CC reads and responds to this Blog - could you post that to her and we'll get it all confirmed and everything. ;)

    ReplyDelete