Monday, September 8, 2008

Rediscovered

Got in to work this morning to find an email from HF (the one who called me out of the blue last Monday). Thanks for the email info, he says, but can he have real addresses? Spent the day trying to come up with a polite way to say, "Of course not." I shall think about it tomorrow.

Just as I was about to go home, I got an email from K, forwarding a note from a guy I knew all the way back in C'ville. He didn't find me on the web, he said, but he remembered meeting my mathematician sister once, so he took a chance that K was her, and she is. I just sat there and gaped at the screen. I haven't seen him in about 15 years. I wonder why he's writing now.

I wonder who'll find me next Monday.


Today's earrings: turtles, shells

Bedtime reading: To Say Nothing of the Dog, Connie Willis

1 comment:

  1. "Only the blessed company of the Apostles, and we don't have enough glasses for all of them."
    (or something like that)
    Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not for Burning
    -cc

    ReplyDelete