Sunday, December 30, 2007

Overall, an excellent day

We rode steam trains through a cloud, then descended into the land of sunshine and brought lunch to the Peregrinators.

Tiger assisted M as she took superannuated fruit from its tree. Then he played trains while she scrubbed. The twins cleansed the kitchen, the guys cleansed the garage, and I got to unpack a lot of books from their boxes and arrange them on shelves. I feel I bagged the best job.

The neighbors brought food. Go, neighbors! The cat emerged from behind the bar to join the feast. He even let me scratch behind his ears. Hello, cat! Then M drove me home. Thanks, M!

Sleep well, everyone.


Today's acquisitions: 1 breadbox
Living in Earnest, Charles E. St. John (Beacon Press, 1916)
Walden, Henry D. Thoreau (Riverside Press, 1889; 2 vols)


Today's earrings: pigs, citrine teardrops

Bedtime reading: Christmas at Candleshoe, Michael Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment