Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reunited

To recap: I abandoned my coat at the lake. K, being an excellent sister, put my coat in the mail.


Time passed.


I decided that the Post Office had eaten my coat. Yesterday, CC came virtual shopping with me and helped me pick out a new coat. Two, actually, what with the sale...

This morning, our receptionist appeared at my desk with a battered box that had arrived by US Mail. (Did you know that $2 stamps have tigers on them? So cute.) Inside the box: my coat.

Now I shall have coats for all occasions.


Today's earrings: compasses

Bedtime reading: Good Omens, Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett

1 comment:

  1. I once ordered a book through abebooks.com to be shipped from San Francisco to Barcelona. They usually took 10 to 15 days, but this one took four weeks. When I opened the package there was a slip of paper inside saying: "Sent here by mistake. Redirecting to correct destination. Central Post Office, Manila, Philippines". A well-travelled book.

    ReplyDelete