Monday, June 23, 2008

Have a nice day

I don't have a nice day any more. I don't bother much with that. I think I'm beyond that now. I think I've outgrown the nice day. I think I've had my share. Why should I be hogging all the really nice ones? Let somebody else have a few. Course, everybody still wants me to have one. Everybody wants me to have a nice day. 'Have a nice day!' Yeah, yeah, yeah. You wanna give me my fucking change, please? I'm triple parked...

- - George Carlin

Today's earrings: monkeys, men

Bedtime reading: The Danger, Dick Francis

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, we're gonna miss him ... and it still kills me that I can't use some of his material in the classroom! I'd love to start a discussion of free speech with his "Seven Dirty Words."

    -- cc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will always love his "Baseball vs Football" routine... Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, Luis is my "alter ego", but I'm Pep :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh...good times...we shall toast on Friday.

    b2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I should have done Baseball vs. Football -

    "In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe! — I hope I'll be safe at home!"

    ReplyDelete