Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Anticipation

Only three months until International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
About three weeks until the rug store next door closes. (Or maybe it's just three weeks until the owner goes on vacation. We only spoke in passing.)
And three days until solstice, and this awful Spring is over.

Summer makes me drowsy
Autumn makes me sing
Winter's pretty lousy
But I hate Spring.

- - Dorothy Parker

I forgot to put on earrings today. It was that kind of morning.

Bedtime reading: Robinson, Muriel Spark

3 comments:

  1. We should celebrate the arrival of summer. Blessed summer, with its mandatory water rationing, Spare the Air days, high fire danger and rolling blackouts.

    Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, maties!

    There. Now I feel like I've accomplished a whole weekend's worth of slacking.

    :) - cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avast. It'll all be better when the summer fog rolls in.

    ReplyDelete