Friday, May 2, 2008

I sank my fingers in the soil

Today we went to the farm, and I finally met the mythic Farmer Dave. He is most tall. First we set watermelon seeds in trays, then K went outside and hoed at thistles while Tiger and I moved dirt around in the big bin in the greenhouse. We planted imaginary orange roses. Later we met red chickens, black chickens, three-day-old chicks, four bunnies, and a number of tractors, some with incomprehensible attachments.

On the way home K dropped off some paperwork at the local day-care center. Tiger and I stayed in the car. I took the opportunity to read him TS Eliot's "The Naming of Cats." I don't think he really understood the poem. Eliot has that effect on lots of people.


Today's earrings: pigs, peas

Bedtime reading: _L. Frank Baum_, Katharine M. Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment