Saturday, August 4, 2007

Picnic on the beach!

We got sandwiches & went out to the Great Highway and lunched on the beach. I taught D to say "I dipped my toes in the water." He was fascinated by a giant cargo ship heading out to sea. After lunch, we encouraged D to run circles around us.

Then we went to look at the giant metal dinosaurs in Half Moon Bay. They are most excellent. Some of them harbor birds' nests.

We drove on to San Jose and dropped off K&S&D at their hotel. M and I headed back to her place so I could raid her refrigerator. We did rock/paper/scissors for the most desirable items; I won the avocado and lost the spready cheeses. She was walking me to the BART station when I fell down and scraped my knee. Embarassing, but not otherwise very damaging. I placed my feet very carefully the rest of the way home.


Today's earrings: mice, dopamine molecules

Bedtime reading: Rats, Lice and History; Hans Zinsser

No comments:

Post a Comment