Thursday, August 2, 2007

Missing Audrey II

The original plan for today was to go see a rare bloom. Instead, we got some Chinese, and then we took a straw poll, which resulted in a change of plan. A&I went went shopping for dinner, and the rest of the crew headed for the steam trains.

I made my debut at the Berkeley Bowl today. There were many people there. Many, many people. And vegetables. Lots of vegetables. Then we went to Trader Joe's. Fewer people, fewer vegetables.

We got back to M's, and found a Scrabble game in progress. Turns out D had fallen asleep on the way to the trains, so they'd gone for root beer float makings. We gave them chocolate. :)

A started cooking while I got in on the next round of Scrabble. I won. Sorta. My big play was an 80-point bingo that M found for me.

T&S turned up, and we had a lovely evening. Good food. Fun people. T&S invited us all for Thanksgiving this year. I had pretty much planned on going east.

A brought me home. Thanks, A!


Today's earrings: flies, dragonflies

Bedtime reading: Howl's Moving Castle, Diana Wynn Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment