Friday, June 15, 2007

Reptiles & Samurai

I was in the break room with the newspaper when a coworker walked in, asked what I was reading. The review of the Police show, I told her. She asked if I was a fan. I told her I was a sophmore in high school in 1983, and what choice did I have? I asked what she was doing in '83, and she said she was two years old and not really tuned in to the radio. She wanted to know if I as into "80s music," and I didn't really know what to say to that. It's the music of my youth. Some of it I still love, some of it still sucks. She wanted to know my favorite band of the time. I mentioned Oingo Boingo... and the name rang no bells for her. I told her Elfman wrote the theme for Futurama. [Looked it up - I was wrong. He wrote the Simpsons theme. Sue me.]

Poor girl lacks Boingo, though, and that's just not good. I should bring her some.

Oddly, I was thinking of an Oingo Boingo tune when I put in my earrings this morning:
Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever


Today's earrings: swords, alligators

Bedtime reading: Hip-Deep in Alligators, Robert Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment