Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ocean's 13

Lunch @ Quetzal, followed by a viewing of The Rug in my kitchen and a viewing of Ocean's 13 at the AMC Van Ness. Charming caper flick, unmarred by romance or other extraneous nonsense.

We then trekked out to the untracked Avenues, in search of the Green Apple of delight. Eureka! Rock-star parking, too.

Inside, S & I fell into a discussion of Robertson Davies. I recommended The Lyre of Orpheus, and said I really should get him a copy. "Why not this one?" he asked. Mindful of his impending birthday, I seized upon the suggestion and snatched the book from his hand. He and A went off to feed the meter. M obligingly tagged after me as I looked for Richard Mattheson's I Am Legend (we had seen a trailer for a film version earlier) and bought the Davies.

We met again at the Toy Boat. M had a tuna melt. The rest of us ate sweets. I can report positively on the lemon/white chocolate cheesecake. Then they dropped me at my place and undertook the Crossing to their own places of rest.


Today's book purchase:
JPod, Douglas Coupland (Bloomsbury)
How to Behave, Caroline Tiger (Quirk Books)
Donald has a Difficulty, Peter F. Neumeyer & Edward Gorey (Harry N. Abrams, Inc.)
Donald and the..., Peter F. Neumeyer & Edward Gorey (Harry N. Abrams, Inc.)
The Lyre of Orpheus, Robertson Davies (Penguin)

Today's earrings: angelfish, seashells

Bedtime reading: How to Behave, Caroline Tiger

No comments:

Post a Comment