Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend Update

This weekend, I
  • disassembled my bed frame & tightened the squeaky screw so that it doesn't squeak any more.
  • washed down the wall behind the bed/under the window with ammonia, which seems to have had a bracing effect on the mold.
  • turned the springs & the mattress.
  • spoke to each of my sisters, and the Angry Lemming & the Wandering Albatross. Here's hoping the cold and the sunburn go away soon, and everyone's week is better than last week.
  • repeatedly conquered the world.
  • put down my lovely new rug in the kitchen. The pile is lovely, dark and deep. Well, lovely, pale and deep. Lovely & deep, certainly. :)
  • watched the Survivor finale, and discovered that "Dreamz" was 100% con from the get go (but why lie in the confessionals? undercuts his claim that the Big Lie was game play), that Alex is an even worse tantrum-throwing baby than I thought, and that Cassandra may have been overpoweringly nice to people but couldn't switch gears to make a case that the jury might have been willing to hear. Earl won in a sweep, btw.
  • wore no earrings of any description.

I have not yet resolved the perennial dilemma of where to keep the vacuum cleaner. I did, however, have an epiphany on the linen storage front. If I never speak of this again, you will know that it was a false revelation.

Bedtime reading: Something From the Oven, Laura Shapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment