Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lucky woman

Was innocently browsing the cheap racks in the window at Stacey's when I realized the office troll was peering over the case in front of me. Gave me quite a start. I go to some trouble not to trip-trap over his bridge, and here he was regardless. He started telling me about Strip Clubs He Has Known as I edged away... and then he asked to borrow the book that I hadn't bought yet when I was done with it.


12:10 am: called Mauritius Government Printing Office. Was transferred to Contact Person. I told Contact Person why I was calling; Contact Person told me she was on another call, I should call back in ten minutes, and hung up on me.

12:20 am: called Mauritius Government Printing Office. Asked for Contact Person, got Someone Else. Someone Else said that their fax number had changed, which explains why I haven't been able to get through, and gave me the new number. Someone Else gave me an estimate of how much the subscription would cost and agreed to fax it to our office. Someone Else didn't hang up on me, not once.

I think I like Someone Else better than Contact Person.


Today's book purchase:
The Atlantic, June 2007
Logorrhea, John Klima, ed.


Today's earrings: horseshoes, estrogen molecules

Bedtime reading: The Atlantic, June 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment