Sunday, April 4, 2010

Learning experiences

It looked like rain this morning. I don't have a pair of waterproof shoes that goes with my Easter Sunday dress, so I wore a different outfit (and the amber earrings to go with it) to mass at St. Patrick's. I learned that Catholic tourists do not sing at mass, even when encouraged by the priest.


After mass, I met the gang back at my place. They peer-pressured me into changing into warmer clothes (and tree earrings) and going with them to the Muir Woods, where it was raining. I learned that a) redwood groves stay relatively dry, and b) tourists will show up to see redwoods even in the pouring rain.


We lunched in Marin. Then we went to M's, where I napped for a while. K and I went grocery shopping. We noshed on leftover Chinese takeout while playing Apples to Apples. I learned that "the ocean" is more "stunning" than "charging rhinos." Still don't get that one.

M drove us back to my place. At D's insistence, we played Scrabble. S put "CARIBOU" across two double word scores for 96 points. I made a display of poor sportsmanship.

They're leaving first thing in the morning. pout.


Today's earrings: bunnies, amber teardrops, trees


Bedtime reading: Night Shift, Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment