Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm late I'm late I'm late

When I woke up this morning, the rain was coming down hard. So hard that I didn't hear my clock-radio. Seriously loud rain. My stubbed toe was an arrangement in brown and grey. I left a voicemail for my boss and limped off to work an hour late.

Turns out pretty much everybody was late. My boss got in 20 minutes after I did, listened to her voicemail, and then came out and announced to the department in general that if we'd just kept our calls to ourselves, she'd never have known any of us were late...

I left early to get my crown re-cemented. When I got home I discovered my toe had turned purple. I thought bruises were supposed to get less dramatic as you go along, not more. hmph.


Today's earrings: teacups, rabbits

Bedtime reading: Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

1 comment: