Thursday, October 8, 2009

Did the walk-through

The place is a lot smaller than I remembered. I am going to have to do some major pruning. Long term, I'd want to get a carpenter to build shelves above the windows up to the ceiling, and install a library ladder. In any case, there's no place to put my beloved tall bookcase. Anyone want a bookcase that's four feet wide, eight feet high, and shelved for pocket books? Maybe I can stash it in the basement. And what do I do with the books in the mean time? This is going to be a challenge.

But, omg people, did you check out that view?


Today's earrings: cups, chickens

Bedtime reading: Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

2 comments:

  1. Places always shrink like that - I've had that happen with every move I've made.

    More book storage:
    Could we get you a coffee table that is also book storage? end tables?
    If you don't plan to use the breakfast bar, could we put a book case there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the bookcase is in the storage locker, maybe you could keep some of the books in it, until you get built-in shelves? --K

    ReplyDelete