Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thinking of the children

Last week, I contemplated the overflowing shelves in my closet, and asked myself, "Self, why on earth do I have so many sheets?" Myself obligingly began to explain at length the roots of my packrat behavior.
"Enough!" I cried. "Can't you recognize a rhetorical question? Don't answer that. These sheets must go!"

Friday, I had lunch with Cricket, and I told her of my determination to rid myself of redundant linen. She replied that one of her first tasks in the coming school year will be to set her minions making little sacks for pinto beans, and if the sacks were made of castoff bedlinen, all the better for the budget. (If someone were to provide 100 pounds of pinto beans, she would have nothing left to wish for.)

Today, I presented Cricket with two sacks of the aforementioned bedlinen. It was frabjous.

Now I have to figure out what to do with all the extra pillows. Ah, well... next summer will be soon enough.


Today's earrings: owls, kangaroos (w/joeys)

Bedtime reading: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

2 comments:

  1. Ironically, I just purchased a set of new bedsheets this weekend. They are muy stripidos and quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent.

    The ones I gave Cricket are plain white. Were plain white. She should probably run them through the wash before giving them to the children...

    ReplyDelete