Friday, August 1, 2008

Full day, with serious ick factor.

New Dude started work today. (Yay! Hooray!) I spent a couple hours explaining Turkey. Then I went to lunch with the Cricket. We did not eat turkey. In the afternoon, I got a little work done while fielding questions from New Dude.

Met b2 for wine & pizza after work. We were waiting at the counter for the staff to uncork another bottle so we could have seconds when Hot Guy appeared in search of a quick slice. We invited him to sit with us. We talked tv for a while, then HG told me I'd missed a team-building exercise: after I left, my colleagues had decided to clean the Troll's desk. HG had decided to do something about the mold growing in the coffee cup that the Troll had left half-full when he went on vacation, and I guess things escalated from there. They shook a loaf's worth of crumbs out of the keyboard, chipped the filth from the desktop... but there wasn't much they could do about the crusted yellow stain on the chair. Ewwwwwwwwwwww. Then HG left to pursue his evening plans, and b2 and moved on to less revolting topics.


Today's earrings: lizards, rocks

Bedtime reading: Modesty Blaise, Peter O'Donnell

No comments:

Post a Comment