Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Outlet mall across the street

Or that's the plan, anyway.

Community meeting highlights included my realtor asking pointed questions about parking, and a couple of dudes who asked self-important pseudo-questions about the architecture. Dude. It's an outlet mall replacing a bunch of derelict buildings. Better it should be a wall of glass than a faked-up pretense of Edwardiana.

After the meeting I fell into conversation with the designer of the Stevenson Street face-lift. I'm sorry to say I let my dubiousness about the micro-vendor spaces show, and then failed to add that I'm all for the project and didn't have any better suggestions. After I came home and looked at a map, I did come up with something: get the city to put a crosswalk with a full-scale stoplight in between the end of Stevenson and the entrance to the San Francisco Center. That would make Stevenson a shortcut from the new shops to the mall *and* to the parking garage on Mission.


Today's earrings: elephants, ebony drops

Bedtime reading: Rituals of the Season, Margaret Maron

1 comment:

  1. That's cool. I'm glad to see that there is some redevelopment planned for that area.

    ReplyDelete