Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3-2-1

Three boxes of books up from the basement: two of paperback fiction, Francis-Innes and Innes-King; one of sociology & linguistics, including a dictionary, a thesaurus, and JC Cooper's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Traditional Symbols. The place feels much homier.

Two new books acquired on the way home: Terry Pratchett's just-out Unseen Academicals, and Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower. I had a lovely chat with the bookstore clerk, in which I advised her to read Butler's Bloodchild,* but not if she had any other heavy emotional stuff going on that month.

One Christmas card from S&T in beautiful Hawaii. My first at the new address! Love you guys. :)


Today's earrings: pine trees, brass triangles

Bedtime reading: Unseen Academicals, Terry Pratchett


*I realized much later that I'd meant Kindred. Bloodchild is mindblowing in its way, but nowhere near as heavy as Kindred.

No comments:

Post a Comment