Friday, August 28, 2009

Another eventful day

I spent most of the day on a project that rightfully belongs to a coworker. See, he was out sick, and there was a deadline, so my boss started work on it. She soon found that the way he'd been keeping it was, shall we say, not up to her standards. So yesterday evening she roped me in. Today I got our local IT dude to pull reports for me,* then spent the afternoon blissed-out playing with Excel. Also, avoiding coworker (who I was hoping would be out again today, but no, he came in) because I don't know exactly what our boss told him. I'll be done messing with his stuff on Monday. I hope he forgives me...


*Tip to programmers: when you're creating a database, build in some kind of report function accessible to the end-user types. Everyone will be much happier.


Today's earrings: bees, estrogen molecules

Bedtime reading: Swan for the Money, Donna Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment