Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's not an expense, it's an *investment*

This evening in Green Apple, a small child attempted to trifle with my stack o' selections. I told him that the book in his hand was intended for my nephew, and wouldn't he prefer the random book I was holding out to him?
"No," he said.
"Hey! My nephew's a Contrarian, too!" I said.
His mother thought that was cute. More important, her trifling son put D's books down.


Today's acquisitions:
1 tube Grace Fibro-Smile Toothpaste with baking soda, xylitol & flouride Original (No Flavor) For Sensetive Teeth [sic]
Sky Island, L. Frank Baum, Books of Wonder nd (reprint)
Making Money, Terry Pratchett, Harper 2007
Case Study Houses, Elizabeth A. T. Smith, Taschen 2007
Hawaiian Legends of Volcanoes, William D. Westervelt, Charles E. Tuttle Company 1964
Rather a lot of children's books
1 complimentary canvas bag with a bright green apple on the side


Today's earrings: diamonds, dice

Bedtime reading: Making Money, Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment