Sunday, April 6, 2014

Toured the penthouse at the Hamilton

They had an open house: http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2014/04/04/weekend_open_house_report_very_fancy_condo_edition.php
http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/631-Ofarrell-St-94109/unit-2101/home/555968


The views are mind-boggling. Seriously, boggling. 360 degree view 21 stories up, with clear sights of St. Maytag, Parnassus, a bit of Marin, a bit of Grace Cathedral, the Pyramid, and a huge chunk of bay going south - I counted four cargo ships in the part I could see. Made me wish I had $4m to drop on the place.

...which makes me wonder why the realtor didn't bother to get someone in to scrub the moss out of the fountain before the open house.

The interior felt oddly cramped. Part of it was the decor, the big bulky furniture that seems to collect in expensive places, the dark walls the designer types think are so bold, the giant pieces of art looming down from the walls. Large ugly expensive crap everywhere, is what I'm saying. And way too many full-wall mirrors. Part was the architecture. it's set up so that if you have the doors to the elevator vestibule open, it blocks the doorway to the bedrooms and kitchen. The halls feel narrow. Built-ins everywhere, shrinking the apparent size of the rooms.

Made me wish I had another couple million to drop on making the place over to my taste.

Oh, well. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment