Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sorted coins into jars

I'm wondering whether to keep accumulating coins. There have been times when I've been glad that I had a bunch of nickels sequestered in a jar, you know? It feels like dumping the change in the bank might be tempting fate. But if I keep keeping change, I'm going to need more or larger jars. I think that's one decision I'll postpone for another season.

I also considered the possibility of curating the card collection.


Today's earrings: rockets, other rockets

Bedtime reading: Breakup, Dana Stabenow

2 comments:

  1. Taking coins to the bank is almost impossible anymore. Many banks won't take them at all, and others want them rolled and so on, then they weigh them, then they take them on spec, and you have to have an account in case they are short and they have to ding you for what they gave for for the coins. Instead, we find a "coinstar" machine at the local grocery store and dump them in for a full value amazon gift car, or you can get other kinds of credit, of get cash for a 9% fee. Locations of machines are online.

    We just got $61.11 earlier this week, and now we have credit at amazon for whatever. Fun!

    Or you can use the pennies as pie weights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm leanin toward the under-the-mattress method of dealing with change.

    ReplyDelete