Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why, yes, my failure to plan IS your emergency.

Got an email this afternoon from the head IT dude, saying that people were hassling him for the new Schedule B, and when would it be ready. "Huh?" I replied. "What new Schedule B?" "The one they're hassling me for," he said.

I looked around, and discovered that there was indeed a new Schedule B, posted mid-February and effective yesterday. I said, "Oops." Then I compared the new book to the old book, and the new one is twice as long. Literally. The old one was 8800 lines long; the new one is 17,500. I said, "@$%@#."

D and J are in charge of the minions around here. I went to J, told him my problem, and he pulled his two minions off their current jobs and pitched in himself. I went D, told him my problem, and he said, basically, "that's nice." I went back to D, told him that the customers want this done as of yesterday, could I use his minion B? And D said, as soon as B's done with the thing I assigned him this morning... probably next week sometime. WTF? We've got to add 9,000 lines to a database one at a time by hand, and it was supposed to be done yesterday. NO, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK. I was insistent, and got my way, but D was real clear that I'm overreacting and being utterly unreasonable. Jackass.


Today's earrings: polar bears, brown bears

Bedtime reading: Freeze My Margarita, Lauren Henderson

1 comment:

  1. Sounds stressful. Good thing you have Pi Day to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete