Friday, October 26, 2007

Critical Mass

a.k.a. The Parade of Entitlement, rolled up Sutter Street this evening just after I'd boarded the bus. I wanted to go home. They wanted to bang on the side of the bus and yell "Wooooooo!" while idling by. After ten minutes of waiting for the self-congratulatory bicyclists to allow the bus to leave the curb, I gave up, walked up to California, and caught the cable car.

I'd have more respect for them if their agenda amounted to more than, "Let's block traffic one night a month! It's really fun! We're morally superior! Wooooooo!" But it doesn't. I loathe all the Unique Snowflakes out there tonight, who imagine that the enjoyment they take in frustrating others is proof of their betterness.


Today's earrings: monkeys, coins

Bedtime reading: Small Gods, Terry Pratchett

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister...I share your loathing. (ran into a bit of it - I think they thought it was Halloween - but managed to avoid most of it, thankfully.)

    I meant to comment on the monkeys BTW. :)

    marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen indeed! They're not saving the planet while all those buses and cars are just idling at the sidewalks.

    And how many exploited third world miners suffered to dig up the magnesium for their $800 bicycles?

    They're really just a city-sanctioned biker gang, if you ask me.
    - a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying monkeys on bicycles! Now it all makes sense: mischief calls to mischief. Never again shall I wear the monkeys on the last Friday of the month.

    ReplyDelete