Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hither & thither

I do not understand the commercial in which the people are in the forest kicking trees until the guy in the Pippi Longstocking wig raises the cry for better hamburgers. It makes no sense. And if it was meant to have made no sense, I'd think they'd have had a kangaroo hop by, just for accent.

Another commercial I saw this evening, for map software for your phone, or some such. Anyway, it was set at a gas station in the countryside, and the little example text was "El Toro Road." I used to work at a gas station on El Toro Road. There was no countryside there.

I have bought the cheese. The cheese does not buy me.

Borrowed The Great War and Modern Memory by Paul Fussell from my boss
Lent my boss The Black Death: A Turning Point in History?, William W. Bowsky, ed.


Today's earrings: dragonflies, other dragonflies

Bedtime reading: The Great War and Modern Memory, Paul Fussell

No comments:

Post a Comment